Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||A Study on Junior High School Teachers' Personality Traits, Teaching Styles, and Teaching Effectiveness|
Junior high school teachers;Personality traits;Teaching styles;Teaching effectiveness
|Issue Date: ||2010-12-03
The main purpose of this study is to investigate the relationship among junior high school teachers’ personality traits, teaching styles and teaching effectiveness and to understand the predictability of teaching effectiveness by personality traits and teaching styles. To achieve the goal of this study, the researcher applied self-report scales to collect data from 538 teachers who volunteered to be the subjects of this study. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, independent t-test, one-way ANOVA, canonical correlation, Pearson’s product-moment correlation and stepwise multiple regression. The major findings of this study are as follows:
1. The teaching styles of junior high school teachers do not differ significantly in gender, education, and working position but differ significantly in years of teaching experience and subjects of teaching.
2. Junior high school teachers’ teaching effectiveness do not differ significantly in subjects of teaching and education, but differ significantly in gender, years of teaching experience and working position.
3. Significant correlations are found between junior high school teachers’ personality traits and teaching styles.
4. There are significant correlations between junior high school teachers’ personality traits and teaching effectiveness. 46.5% of the variance in overall teaching effectiveness can be predicted by personality traits.
5. Junior high school teachers’ teaching styles and teaching effectiveness are significantly correlated with each other. 15.8% of the variance in overall teaching effectiveness can be predicted by teaching styles.
According the results of this study, suggestions are provided for
junior high teachers, school administrators, teacher education
institutions and future studies.
Keywords: Junior high school teachers, Personality traits, Teaching styles, Teaching effectiveness
|Appears in Collections:||[教育研究所] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in NCUEIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.