Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Other Titles: ||The Relationship among Learning Style, Information Literacy and Academic Performance of Junior High School Students|
Learning style;Information literacy;Academic performance
|Issue Date: ||2010-12-03
|Abstract: ||摘 要|
本研究採問卷調查法，以台中縣、台中市、彰化縣、南投縣等四縣市，7 所公立國中 666 位學生為研究對象經以研究者自編之國中學生「資訊素養量表」，以及由Kolb(2005) 所編製之「Kolb 學習風格量表」，作為本研究之研究工具，並以描述統計、單因子變異數分析、二因子變異數分析、積差相關分析、逐步迴歸分析等方法進行統計處理。
The Relationship among Learning Style, Information Literacy and Academic Performance of Junior High School Students
The main purposes of this study were to explore the relationship among learning style and information literacy and academic performance of junior high school students.
A total of 666 students, randomly selected from public junior high schools in Taiwan, responded to a set of instruments Information Literacy Scale and Kolb’s Learning Style Inventory. The statistical methods used to analyze the data were descriptive statistics, one-way ANOVA, two-way ANOVA, product-moment correlation, and stepwise regression analysis.
The conclusion of this study were summarized as follows:
1. Significant differences were found in the abstract/concrete dimension based on gender. Male students tended to score higher on the abstract conceptualization while female students tended to concrete experience.
2. There were no significant differences in the abstract/concrete dimension based on grade level. Most junior high school students were concrete.
3. There were no significant differences in the active/reflective dimension. Most junior high school students were active .
4. There were significant differences in information literacy based on gender. Female students were better than male students.
5. There were significant differences in information literacy concerning grade level. The grade 7 students were better than the grade 9 students in task definition.
6. The students’ preferences for learning styles were diverger, accommodator, assimilator, and converger in priority.
7. There were no significant differences among four learning styles on the information literacy .
8. Significant differences were found among four learning styles on academic performance.
9. There were significant correlations between learning style and information literacy.
10. Based on the result of the stepwise regression analysis, the learning style and information literacy were significant predicators for students’ academic performance .
Finally, some suggestions for teachers, schools, education administration agencies, and future research were proposed according to the results.
|Appears in Collections:||[教育研究所] 博碩士論文|
Files in This Item:
All items in NCUEIR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved.